TELSTORM is looking for a creative Interior Designer, who is excited with being challenged with unique design situations. In order to succeed, you have to be a dedicated individual who enjoys all aspects of Interior Design, working with the Ontario Building Code and a variety of product suppliers and other design professionals.
Benefits & Compensation:
TELSTORM offers the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects and provides competitive benefits and compensation.
406 – 3100 Steeles Avenue West, Vaughan, ON
- 3+ years Interior Design experience developing and preparing block plans, space planning, finishes selection, layout creation, furniture selection and detailed floor plans (working drawings)
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program.
- OBC qualified and ARIDO registered designer or willing to obtain designations immediately
- Willing to train and upgrade skills on a continuous basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At ease with clients and willing to participate in some business development as required
- Travel will be required within Canada (specifically Southern Ontario), and possibly theUnited States on project assignments
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office and Photoshop
- Excellent AutoCAD capabilities
- Able to multi-task and coordinate efforts on multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills in managing workload and internal processes
- Able to deal directly with contractors, product suppliers and other design professionals
- Must have own vehicle and valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Estimate material requirements and costs, andpresent interior designs to clientele for approval.
- Advise clientele on interior design issues affecting space planning and interior environments such as budgets, architectural preference, and purpose/function.
- Work with project bids, tenders, and contracts.
- Meet with clientele and create design plans, using AutoCAD or other in-house design software.
- If required by the Municipality and scope of the project, submit permit drawings to building department.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary project teams
- Support contract administrators during construction phases of projects