TELSTORM Corporation is looking for an experienced professional Structural Engineer looking to grow with an entrepreneurial company. Our design firm allows for involvement on a variety of projects and gives opportunities for an individual to learn and grow with the firm, assuming multiple roles within our organization. The ideal candidate is someone who can provide strong leadership and guidance to junior engineers or structural designers.
Benefits & Compensation:
TELSTORM offers the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects and provides competitive benefits and compensation.
406 – 3100 Steeles Avenue West, Vaughan, ON
- 8+ years in a Structural Engineering design/management role, including experience working with reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry
- Ability to analyze structures and structural elements using current building/material codes and engineering principles
- Ability to manage, review and certify work of junior structural engineers and designers
- Ability to train and mentor junior structural engineers and designers
- Knowledge of construction contracts, specifications and tendering processes
- In good standing with PEO
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment, coordinating with other staff and design professionals
- Able to work directly with clients and possibly manage client accounts
- Travel may be required within Canada and possibly USA on assignments
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and structural analysis/design software (preferably S-Frame structural analysis software)
- Strong organizational skills in managing workloads, internal processes and client schedules
- Must have vehicle and valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Deliver accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications,
- Review internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability,
- Resolve any site queries, attend site meetings and perform site inspections during all phases of the project life cycle.
- Make and maintain appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinate design activities with other multi-disciplined project team members,
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
- Planning, mentoring and training of engineers to ensure productivity and improve the efficiency of design
- Ensure the technical coordination and interfaces of a structural team with other disciplines
- Monitor the progress and quality of the project preparation and documentation to ensure achievement of deliverables on-schedule and on-budget
- Prepare structural calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian and international codes and standards
- Prepare proposals and estimate of man-hour budgets and scope of work documentations