If you are a talented, creative designer looking to grow with an entrepreneurial company, this could be your opportunity. Our design firm allows for involvement on a variety of projects and gives opportunities for an individual to learn and grow with the firm
Benefits & Compensation:
TELSTORM offers the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects and provides competitive benefits and compensation.
406 – 3100 Steeles Avenue West, Vaughan, ON
- 0-3 years in a Structural Engineering/Design role, including experience in working with concrete, steel, timber and masonry
- Ability to analyze structures and structural elements using current building/material codes andengineering principles
- Knowledge of construction contracts/specifications/tendering processes is an asset
- Able to obtain P.Eng. designation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willing to train and upgrade skills on a continuous basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel will be required within Southern Ontario on project assignments
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and structural analysis/design software(preferably S-Frame)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required
- Strong organizational skills in managing workload and internal processes
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Must have own vehicle and valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Deliver accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications,
- Review internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability,
- Ensure technical coordination and interfaces of Structural designs with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare proposals and estimate of man-hour budgets and scope of work documentations
- Prepare structural calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian and international codes and standards as required.
- Attend client meetings and site visits throughout all stages of the project life cycle.
- Prepare and present design proposals using AutoCAD and other in-house design tools.